This week will be the final week of the finalists to perfom one song. Next week, they will have to sing two songs. And this week is the most awaited for coz the finalists doing the Classic Love Songs Theme under the guidance of singer, Andrea Bocelli and musician, David Foster.

But before I go further, this is my first time watching the show at 11.30 at night!! I missed the 5.00pm live and repeat at 8.00pm coz I went out. Terpaksa tunggu pukul 11.30 (sigh!) mengantuk tapi kena tengok juga hehehe. So, let's check it out what had happened at tonite's show.

Katharine McPhee sang "I have Nothing" by Whitney Houston. She was superb! She nailed this song on her own style and I am really loving it. But to my surprise, all the 3 judges didn't like it. Especially Simon with his comment "You were like coming here and saying I'm as good as Whitney Houston, but you're not". Come on Simon! Katharine doesn't want to be Whitney no. 2. We only have ONE Whitney Houston! And this is Katharine McPhee we are talking about. To me, Katharine has done a good job and I hope the Americans agree with me.

Elliot came next with "A Song For You". I didn't get who the original singer was--maybe it was from The Carpenters. And for the first time, I saw the confident Elliot on stage! Remember my last posting? I said, Elliot always nervous, I can see right thru his eyes. But this week it was gone. He is so confident performing (as if Elliot read my blog, hehehe)

Then, Kellie the dumbo's turn. Cehhh..dia ckp "well Ryan, thank you for reminding me that I don't have a boyfriend"..so what?!!. Dia ingat kita ni bodoh sangat percaya ckp dia. She sang the Righteous Brothers most popular song "Unchained Melody". Si Kellie ini bilang "but I'm doing this a little bit LeAnn Rimes' style" Huh! mana ada sama--jauh sekali. I agree with Paula--every week, tiada improvement. But I know Kellie ramai peminat. Nyanyi tidak ngam pun dia tidak pernah duduk di bottom 3. By the way, paling saya geli hati ialah bila David tanya sama Andrea "what hair colour does she have?" Andrea being partially blind (I think) answered "Blond" muahaha. Tepat sekali dia mmg dumbo hehehe

"The Way We Were" song by Barbra Streisand pilihan Paris Bennett. Even David Foster pun ckp "you don't have to do it as big as Barbra" Dia suruh Paris nyanyi smoothly and softly. Tapi suara Paris ni mmg kuat dia tidak dpt kawal suara dia. One more thing--I don't like her hair style macam kelihatan tua sudah hehehe

Taylor picked James Ingram's song "Just Once". Nothing outstanding with this guy. Nyanyi mcm biasa2 saja. And he looks so nervous tonite. I think he even wrote a few lines of the song on his palm. Patutlah si Simon bilang, mcm yg selalu kita dengar di hotel lounge hehehe. I think Taylor will be on bottom 3 this time.

Last but not least Chris Daughtry sang "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" If Im not mistaken this is Bryan Adam's song. Wow..what a show. Begin with Katharine and ended with Chris..dua2 ada class! Chris and Katharine definitely are safe this week..fuyoo confident pula saya ni. Of courselah Katharine kan favaourite saya ;-)

So, my prediction for the bottom 3 are - Kellie, Taylor & Paris. And whoever is going home, I just don't bother hehehe. Kalo Kellie, lagi lah bagus!

Guyz dont forget to check it out tomorrow nite--the result show. We will find out who are the Final 5.

0 Responses to "American Idol goes Classic on Week 7"

Post a Comment